I got glxinfo and gears working, but when I try to compile the latest
version of xlock with the GL screen savers, I get:
gcc -o xlock xlock.o passwd.o resource.o  utils.o logout.o mode.o ras.o
xbm.o  color.o sound.o ant.o ball.o bat.o blot.o  bouboule.o bounce.o
braid.o bug.o  clock.o crystal.o  daisy.o dclock.o demon.o drift.o eyes.o
flag.o flame.o forest.o fract.o  galaxy.o geometry.o grav.o  helix.o hop.o
hyper.o  ico.o ifs.o image.o julia.o kaleid.o  laser.o life.o life1d.o
life3d.o  lightning.o lisa.o lissie.o loop.o  marquee.o maze.o mountain.o
nose.o  pacman.o penrose.o petal.o puzzle.o pyro.o  qix.o roll.o rotor.o
shape.o sierpinski.o slip.o  sphere.o spiral.o spline.o  star.o strange.o
swarm.o swirl.o  triangle.o tube.o turtle.o voters.o  wator.o wire.o world.o
worm.o  cartoon.o  escher.o gears.o morph3d.o superquadrics.o  buildlwo.o
pipes.o pipeobjs.o  sproingies.o sproingiewrap.o s1_b.o  s1_1.o s1_2.o
s1_3.o s1_4.o s1_5.o s1_6.o blank.o bomb.o random.o  -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE   -lXpm -lGL -lGLU -lgl -lX11 -lXext -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xlock] Error 1

It also cannot find -lgl.  Programs that are linked against libGLU.so.1 work
just fine.  Why can't my gcc find it?  I've done an ldconfig and it had no
effect.  Any ideas?

BTW, gears runs at over 600fps in the default window size and 110fps at
1280x1024.  Sweet.

Jay