It's not just NT, replacing the motherboard on any windows system warrents a
reinstall. Windows 9x (and ME) will at least boot and run, but they seem to
do it in an unstable fashion. Example: OpenGL stuff worked fine on my old
motherboard. Swapped boards, and even trying to fire up something OpenGL
destablized windows to the point of rebooting. Linux didn't care, at all.
The only issue with Linux I've has is flashing the Motherboard BIOS. For
some reason Linux really didn't like that and wouldn't boot, and the
partitions we're all intact.

NT is beyond all hope when it comes to hardware changes. But then again it's
NT, if you're changing the moterboard on it it's probally time to just
reinstall the OS anyway. If I haven't said enough yet, try figuring out how
to get read+write access to an NTFS filesystem without starting NT. If I
could figure that one out I'd be able easily pull some data off Sparky the
Server's RAID array. Yes, when I say Sparky I mean it. This server died with
sparks and a puff of smoke. The motherboard is charred in places. Looks like
768MB out of 1024MB or RAM survived the experience. Anyone know a good
method of checking processors?

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126