Ahh, coolness.

lower CPU util than SCSI (because of DMA).  It's mostly
a driver issue, and the amount of CPU util is just a few
percent, anyways.

However, software RAID will seriously hurt your CPU Util.
The Escalade does the IDE RAID in hardware, so it only
uses a few percent of CPU to do your RAIDness.

Nick

jasonj at innominatus.com, on 10/17/2000 02:37:10 PM