Because when it says ATA/66, that means 66MB/sec
maximum throughput per channel.  Since there is only
one IBM drive per channel, you're never going to hit
66MB/sec.

The only real speed limitation in this case is the speed of
the PCI bus - 133MB/sec.

Nick Reinking

dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu, on 10/17/2000 02:12:06 PM