my psudo co-worker is a fan of internal raid solutions, I'm a SCSI
attached raid fan.. (i am working to get a $12k disk system for work to
repace 10 old 512mb disks in an old unix box, no raid)  I like the fact
that I can attach disks to multiple hosts, and maybe even share data with
GFS. :)  and I can use any old controler.. mylex or adaptec, or
whatever.  internal raid is cool, because it's fairly fast, and really
cheap.. SAN solutions are generaly slower, atleast in my opinion.  if you
look at internal, look at the mylex extreme raid boards.. i've heard good
things about linux support

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)