Well I guess I'm not cool. But if being cool depends on what distribution of
Linux I install and use, I'd rather be red hot any day of the week.  I like
Mandrake but I've used RedHat and SuSE in the past.  I like them all, but I
do admire Mandrake making an effort to make hardware detection and
setup easier.

One thing about Mandrake is that it does like to install a bunch of crud on
your machine (I only need the ONE newsreader thank you very much).

You're the one who is going to be using the machine, so install what you
feel comfortable with ... and believe me, that will change in 6-12 months
when it comes to Linux :-)

On 16 Oct 2000, at 15:25, Chris Opp wrote:
> Yep, that was me. Since the meeting I have been heavily pondering upgrading to
> slackware and being cool like everyone else. I kind of got the impression that
> my distro was not so good by watching people expression when I tell them what
> i run.

Domo.  Ja na.

Brandon Freels
(brandon at rhinoventures.com, ICQ#: 2695168, Online-Gaming: Spittledung)
"I'm witty naturally.  I don't need quotes!"
GOLEM Web Slab:  http://www.rhinoventures.com/golem/