I have one of these (the non-modifiable ones).  For the price it's decent.
It has a real problem reading disks that are just slightly dirty (more of
a problem then your typical DVD player, that is...)  I wanted a DVD player
but I don't have an extreme home theatre setup yet, so I decided I'd buy a
cheap one and when I had a good receiver, speakers, and TV I'd buy a much
better one.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications