I have seen that one before Ken.  When I ran in to it, the lock file did not
exist as the error stated.  I did a touch /var/lock/samba/STATUS..LCK to
create it, and then started SAMBA, and seemed to work after that.  Not sure
what condition caused the lock file to get nuked, but after creating an
empty one, it was happy.

Kelly Black

http://profiles.msn.com.