On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 05:45:54PM -0500, Ben Luey wrote:
> Mulberry 2.0 is out in late alpha for linux. There are still working on
> some bugs, but the interface is very GUI and similiar to the windows
> version, which is nice. It has a disconnect mode and sync features, which
> is very nice to imap over dialup.

how reliable is it? I remember when Winona State was trying to get away from
command-line mail access (ca. 1996), and they put Mulberry (admittedly, an older
version) on a lot of pc's in the labs. I tried it a few times, and found it
to be extremely unreliable. after crashing a few times, an leaving my mailbox
in a questionable state, I forswore IMAP mailers and went back to using PMDF
and a text editor to read/write mail. (which was also a lot faster and less
clunky, IMHO).

took some serious change (long-distance dial-up) to even convince me that a
POP3 mailer (Agent) was a Good Thing (sometimes).

right now I'm using Mutt/vi, reading mail directly on my ISP's mailserver. Just
like the Good Old Days. :) I'm much happier with this arrangement than most
anything else.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer