Are you familiar with the veto option?  It allows you to specify files
which will never be seen by the SMB client.  I use qmail and since
it's mail spool is under the user's home directory, I was planning to
use the veto option to hide that directory from them.

BTW, I just finished reading the O'Reilly Samba book, which is the
only reason I know this stuff.  I highly recommend it.

Eric