On 12 Oct 2000 jack at jacku.com wrote:

> One thing I've found is that SuSE is good at getting X configured.
>
> Actually they have always called the free version an "evaluation" version
> since the 5.2 days. Its the same as the for sale version except it
> doesn't have the 1500+ rpms of extra software.

That doesn't seem to be quite the case any longer.  It didn't offer
anything about partitioning the drive or even formatting a partition.  It
only saw that there was some space on the windows partition and installed
some big files (ala BeOS).  A core file, a home file and a swap file.  It
would seem the evaluation version runs from these files and that's all
there is to it.

I'm burning the 3 CDs of the new Debian now.  ;)

Thanks,
Charlie