yes.. I have been running linux for 4-5 years now, and my company runs
just about all our user workstations on linux.  we develop new apps, in C
and java, to run on different systems ranging from sales
automation/reporting, to robotic controls, to inventory control.  We also
use linux in the offices, to provide terminal emulation to our aging unix
server (DG/UX)  and we have been pricing new software systems to replace
this server with a nice dual or quad processor Linux server.  tho we don't
have the funds to do such a project right now.. we are considering
purchasing a copy of our database engine (progres) that will run on
linux.  and port our software to the new version so that we can replace
the aging Data General hardware.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)