On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> Which one?  I have gone through the PCMCIA How-To but it really doesn't
> apply because I am try to get the onboard Ethernet to work, not a PCMCIA
> card.  In addition, I have gone through the various pertinant chapters
> in "Running Linux" in order to "get a clue" but have had no great
> revelations.  I have poked around my Red Hat 6.2 installation on my home
> workstation but it basically showed my what Tom Veldhouse described.
> That in conf.modules, I have an alias to eth0 for the tulip module.

Is this a RedHat box?

If so, create the alias in conf.modules/modules.conf, and then create a
file called /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 with the following:

DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=192.168.100.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.100.0
BROADCAST=192.168.100.255
ONBOOT=yes

..use your own settings, of course.  Or, you can run linuxconf, and do it
all from there.