Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 04:10:15PM -0500, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> >
> >Should I have seen a reference to eth0 when the system started up?  I
> >looked at the /var/log/messages file and could see no reference to
> >eth0.  Doing an ifconfig revealed only lo and tap0.
> >
> Sounds to me like you'd learn alot more by reading the how-to.

Which one?  I have gone through the PCMCIA How-To but it really doesn't
apply because I am try to get the onboard Ethernet to work, not a PCMCIA
card.  In addition, I have gone through the various pertinant chapters
in "Running Linux" in order to "get a clue" but have had no great
revelations.  I have poked around my Red Hat 6.2 installation on my home
workstation but it basically showed my what Tom Veldhouse described.
That in conf.modules, I have an alias to eth0 for the tulip module.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect
dutchman at mn.uswest.net