pcmcia-cs doesn't use the same modules as normal network cards do.
What I'd do is get the newest version of pcmcia-cs
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ and compile/install it yourself.
David Hinds has done an awesome job of setting up PCMCIA drivers for
linux.  Read the PCMCIA-HOWTO file that comes with pcmcia-cs.

I wish all machines had pcmcia slots.  It's awesome being able to
take out one card, plop in another and not even fall off the network.
In my experience with NT you had to install drivers each time you
put a new card in, even if it was just in the other slot.

Tim