On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Ben Kochie wrote:

> yep.. caldera sucks.. stick with something like redhat or debian.. or
> maybe mandrake.. slack is kinda not good on the user side of things, or
> the server side for that matter.

     Whaddya mean slack isn't good on the user or server side of
things?  We all know what a fine product RH 7 is, which has really
convinced me to never use it for anything vital.  As for the user side,
debian is quite painful for new users as I have been trying to help one
out with it recently.  Mandrake is.. well, nevermind.  I've heard and seen
enough of this list to convince me that instead of it being based off RH,
RH is now probably based off Mandrake.
     Sweet, sweet Smack on the other hand.. it doesn't give you all kinds
of handy tools to make managing a system a two second job (and a day long
ordeal after it's screwed things up), it just keeps things simple and
clean.

Scott
-- ossuary.net --
"Only dead girls like me." -Voltaire