barnabas at knicknack.net writes:

> Someone else asked about instructions.  From home, I just ssh (-C)
> into my Linux box at work.  Then running vncviewer from that box to a
> Winders box on the network sends the output to my display at home due
> to ssh's built in X redirection.
>
> There is also a way to use ssh's port redirection to do the same
> thing.  I believe it is documented in the FAQ on VNC's web site,
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc.

Mindbright also released a version of their java ssh client that hooks enables
VNC to work directly over ssh, so you don't have to start up a connection in
another tty, then start VNC.
http://www.mindbright.com/english/technology/products/mindvnc.html
--
Jon Schewe | http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe