Is it a PS or serial mouse? (PS plugs are round, serial aren't) If it's PS,
you want /dev/psaux as your device, if it's serial, it's most likely
/dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 (unless slackware does something diferent with
serial ports...like cua?)

You also have to choose the protocoll of your mouse, depending on the type.
Microsoft will probally work for a 2-button PS (or serial?) mouse. If you
have a wheel job, that's supported as well, but I'm not going to get into it
until you tell us what kind of mouse you have.

Also, once you figure out where your device is you may want to change the
/dev/mouse link.
(rm /dev/mouse; ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse)

If the mouse is really dead, put it in a sock and send it to someone who
doesn't like mice. Label the box "Contents: One dead white mouse." My
roomate and I made a friend across campus flip out with that one, she
wouldn't even touch the sock. ;)

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126