> I believe I'm running supermount.  By using the word 'evil' to describe it, I
> can guess what what your thoughts are on it :-).  I'm considering disabling it
> just because I can pop in a CD and if it's in a good mood, and the
> temperature's right, and pluto is lined up perfectly with our moon and the sun,
> it will autoload.  It refuses to dismount, which I don't know if that's by design
> or related to the above conditions.  I like the idea of an automounter, are there
> any out there that actually work as documented? :-)

Supermount is nice when it works, but half the time it just seems to
hang refusing to mount or unmount. :P

Anyway, I like autofs, the kernel one. ;) Set it up and symlink
/mnt/cdrom* floppy etc over to /misc whatever. Heck, set it up to auto
NFS mount cdrom2, cdrom3, cdrom4 etc from other machines in the house...
;)