> Callum Lerwick wrote:
> >
> > Brian wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm consistently getting a message on the console that's really bugging
> > > me.  Every so often, it prints 'hdd: ATAPI 40X CD-ROM drive, 128K Cache'.
> > > There's no error, and I haven't noticed any problems with the drive.  I'm
> > > running RH 7.0, but it was doing it on Pinstripe also.  Any ideas??
> >
> > Sounds like auto module loading. You using an evil automounter or
> > something?

I believe I'm running supermount.  By using the word 'evil' to describe it, I
can guess what what your thoughts are on it :-).  I'm considering disabling it
just because I can pop in a CD and if it's in a good mood, and the
temperature's right, and pluto is lined up perfectly with our moon and the sun,
it will autoload.  It refuses to dismount, which I don't know if that's by design
or related to the above conditions.  I like the idea of an automounter, are there
any out there that actually work as documented? :-)

Get your own free email account from
http://www.popmail.com