On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 12:22:13PM -0600, Austad, Jay wrote:
> I think this is happening every morning at exactly 6:58am though, right?
> Doesn't seem like a hardware problem would keep such good time.  :)
>
> Rename your reboot and shutdown commands to something else.  If the box
> stops rebooting, you'll know it's a script or program that's calling one of
> those two commands.  shutdown and reboot may exist in more than one
> directory.
>
> I'm pretty sure you can't tell the machine to reboot with any other command.
> I know you can shut it down with 'init', but the machine won't reboot
> afterwards.
>
> Jay

'init 6' will result in a reboot.

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I'm gonna be a monkey.  Monkey, monkey, monkey......"
					- Stimpy in "Monkey See, Monkey Don't"