I think this is happening every morning at exactly 6:58am though, right?
Doesn't seem like a hardware problem would keep such good time.  :)

Rename your reboot and shutdown commands to something else.  If the box
stops rebooting, you'll know it's a script or program that's calling one of
those two commands.  shutdown and reboot may exist in more than one
directory.

I'm pretty sure you can't tell the machine to reboot with any other command.
I know you can shut it down with 'init', but the machine won't reboot
afterwards.

Jay