If you have only one static IP, it get's assigned to the 675.  Everything
behind the 675 gets NAT'd.  You can't run an authoritative nameserver
without having a public IP on it, it won't serve out it's responses
correctly.  If it's just a caching nameserver for your internal use, you'll
be fine.

It may be overkill to have another firewall behind your 675 for your
workstation, but if your running sendmail on your mailserver, it might be a
good idea.  :)  Ideally, you'd want to get a block of IP's from your ISP
(Most will give you a /29 for ~$15/mo).  Then you could have a setup like:

(internet, not to scale)----------[cisco 675]-----[firewall]

								[netgear
switch]

							[workstation]
[webserver/mail/caching dns]

If you need an authoritative dns server to host your own domain, you'll
either need to stick it between the 675 and the firewall, look at bind 9's
supposed support for working in a NAT'd environment, or use a free dns
service like granitecanyon.com (I use them for my personal stuff, they
rule).  For godsakes, don't run sendmail.  Use postfix or qmail.

Jay

http://www.zope.org/
> W. St. Paul, MN |                              | http://slashdot.org/
> wilson at visi.com |   <dtml-var pithy_quote>     | http://linux.com/

Nate Sanders                                    darkskull at IRC (newnet)
mauvehead at nerp.net                            http://www.damnation.net