> This is a security issue, as is the physical security of a box. I mean what
> good is a firewall if someone can walk up to a box and stick a floppy in and
> reboot and have root. In reality if someone can reboot and do linux single
> they can probably stick in a boot disk just the same.

But you can* lock down the console. Set up the BIOS to not boot from
removable media, password the BIOS to keep people from changing that,
rip out all removable media, and password lilo as well.

Now, what happens when fsck happens to fail, leaving it in single user
mode? Do you have a weak link in your security or not?