On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 04:22:27PM -0600, Tim Sandquist wrote:

>Actually, on Redhat there is no password for single-user mode.  At least there
>wasn't on 6.0.  One of the (many) reasons I switched to debian.  Having no
>password on single-user mode is just plain wrong.

This is a security issue, as is the physical security of a box. I mean what
good is a firewall if someone can walk up to a box and stick a floppy in and
reboot and have root. In reality if someone can reboot and do linux single
they can probably stick in a boot disk just the same.

--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789
Sistina Software Inc.	worl: 612.379.3951