Children's Hospital and Clinics
Data Warehouse Developer
651-855-2560
rodney.ray at childrenshc.org

>>> Marc.Olivier at Co.Ramsey.MN.US 11/21/00 3:31:28 PM >>>
Hello.

I have a Linux machine at home, and I have SUSE up and running. However, I
cannot figure out how to load Oracle 8i, PHP or how to access mySQL on my
machine. I found and downloaded some directions for loading Oracle 8i, but
they made no sense to me. Are there other directions or maybe even an
Installfest that can be organized around these issues? I would like to be
able to create and deploy an online database in a Linux environment, and I'd
like to use Oracle because the name has clout in business circles. I have
been able to meet some success under Windows using ASP to interact with MS
Access 97 database through a web page, and I hear PHP is just as good (or
better) in a Linux environment. The more I can use well, the better.