Hello,

Good info and links can be found here.
http://www.linuxtelephony.org/

I have used this progam under Windows, but not Linux.
http://www.speakfreely.org/

Computer to computer is probably the best (only) solution for international
calls. Some programs like www.DialPad.com are computer to phone solutions, but
it is only serviced in the US, and under the Windows OS.

My best advice, get 2 good headsets and use a computer to computer solution
like Speakfreely.

-Steve