Well,

> Speaking of virus software coming to linux, I seem to remember an
> annoncement from Computer Associates (the fine feathered coders of
> Inoculan and ArcServ) that they were working on linux ports.  Does anyone
> know anything about their progress?

Not sure about that one, but the efforts of the Central Command (AVP/ AVX)
folks in this department are the best news yet, IMO. AVX offers both scanner and
daemon versions of the Linux software, and even an X frontend to the command
line.

For those of you unfamilair with AVX, it is far and above any other Win32
antivirus in terms of functionality, coverage, and use of resources. Imagine
NAV5, but running at 20% the load.

Get it for free while it lasts at :
ftp://ftp.avx.com/linavx/linavx-2.0.0-i386.tar.gz

--
Bill Layer
Sales Technician