On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Under windows, if I hold down alt, and hit 164 on the keypad, it will type
> an n with a squiggly thing above it.  How do I do this under linux?
>
> Apparently my spanish speaking friends get all huffy-puffy when I don't use
> the correct characters even though they know what I mean.  :)

You could also modify your console and/or X keymaps to make right-alt do
fun things. I don't remember how I learned, but I believe there is a
good HOWTO out there. To modify the X map, xkeycaps is indispensible. I
don't know of any such tool for console though...

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock