> That brings up the next question. Do I need a dedicated firewall sitting
> between the 675 and my switch (I ordered a NetGear FS105 from mwave.com
> yesterday) or can I use the server that I plan to use for Web and email and
> put two NICs in it to achieve the same effect? (At least I think that second
> option would work.)
>
> Comments?

Depends on how strict you want your fw to be.
For maximum protection, firewall should be dedicated. In fact, make as
much of it as possible read-only.

You can find immense amounts of stuff online, but if you like books, get
Linux Firewalls by Robert L. Zeigler (New Riders). If nothing else, go to
a bookstore and read the Intro and first chapter for some philosophy.

Andy