You may want to take a look at the /etc/ssh_config (client) and
/etc/sshd_config (server) files.  If you're trying to use password
authentication, make sure you have a line in both the config files like
this:

PasswordAuthentication yes

I posted something to this effect last night but I guess it didn't make it
to the list.  Anybody else have some suggestions?

Jon