HOEFFNER at dcmir.med.umn.edu wrote:

> Gabe
>
> Yup. ps -ef shows it's actually running, and restarting it didn't help. About
> the only thing I didn't try was a reboot, but I can't imagine what difference
> that would make -- afterall, it ain't winders!

When you try to connect to the ssh server from the ssh client, does it prompt
you for a password or does it just give you the "Permission Denied" message.  If
you're trying to use password authentication, check the /etc/ssh_config (client)
and the /etc/sshd_config (server) and make sure that password authentication is
set to "yes".  If you change the sshd_config file, you'll have to kill -HUP
<pid> the sshd process before any changes will take place.  Anybody else have
some suggestions for him.

Jon