I have ipx compiled as a module that is loading fine on my mandrake 7.0
(stock)  2.2.17 kernel. I have ipx configured with auto_interface and
primary off and manually do

/sbin/ipx_interface add -p eth0 802.3

It seems to work. I got the 802.3 settings from my macs in public labs
here on the network. It all works fine, but often I notice ipx isn't
working. When I cat /proc/net/ipx_interface there are no listings. If I
manually add it, ipx works again, but unfortatenly my netware
(nwclient-4.2) stuff can't be restarted after an ipx failure and I have to
reboot. Any ideas why ipx just disappears and why I have to re setup it
up?  There are no ipx related log messages -- no collisions or anything.

Thanks,

Ben