Hi,

> I like the idea of running VM-Ware because, if I understand this
> correctly, it's a Windows install on top of Linux.  Yet, on the other
> hand, I've also heard of a lot of instability with VM-Ware.

Word on the street is that neTRAVERSE Win4Lin is currently the best solution for
running Win32 apps under Linux.

http://www.winforlin.com

They are still accepting beta testers for the next version, so this is a good
time to get some free, fully-functional action. I got a beta license, but I
haven't had time to install it yet.

I run WINE, and FWIW, it seems like a pretty sketchy program - a lot of
promise, but still needs some serious krausening. A lof of stuff that is
supposed to work, doesn't. See my previous post about network access issues
under WINE.

--
Bill Layer
Sales Technician

     Viking Electronics, Inc.
       1531 Industrial St.
    Hudson, WI. 54016 - U.S.A
      715.386.8861 ext. 210
 <http://www.vikingelectronics.com>

"Telecom Solutions for the 21st Century"