RPM's are bad, mmmkay?

Here are 2 reasons why I think you should build it yourself:

1) it's good learning experience.  Someday you'll be on a system that
doesn't have any fancy package management :)

2) 8.2.2-P5 is vulnerable to a denial-of-service attack, you can send
named-zxfr requests to an 8.2.2-p5 installation and crash it, even if you
have zone transfers off.

Go to ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind and grab 8.2.2-P7 (latest stable).

It's dirt easy to compile and install, just follow the directions.

Now when you actually get it installed we can help you figure out how to
do your zone files.

Oh, ypbind is the Yellow Pages, aka NIS.  It's not related to BIND.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications