On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 05:29:55PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> Hmmm. My Helix-Gnome setup includes v 1.2.3 of "Modem Lights Applet" which
> is dialing my ISP quite nicely.

As Tim indicated, Modem Lights Applet "does" have connect/disconnect
capabilities.  I believe it either ties into pon/poff, or more
recently with Debian, ifup ppp0, ifdown ppp0.  Switch over or no, you
should learn how to edit your ppp scripts by hand anyway.  You should
have a number of /etc/ppp/peer/* files for the different servers you
connect to and a number of differnet /etc/chatscripts/* that
correspond with those /etc/ppp/peer/* files.  Likewise, learn how to
add your passwords to /etc/ppp/pam-secrets file.

If you're using Debian, you can tie in the ppp? interface names to
different call providers using the /etc/network/interfaces
configuration file.

IOW, you're not learning how to use your system if you're relying on
KPPP.  If you're using Linuxconf, you're submitting yourself to yet
another crutch.  Weene yourself off of these tools, as they will stop
you from "switching over."

If you're still hell-bent on using a graphical button to call your
provider, I'm sure you can find something out there.

--
Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>
             http://www.wookimus.net/