I have started learning the C language recently, and I wonder if
anyone on the list might have good suggestions for programming books in C
that they might recommend. I like programming books that start you off in
the language, but make lots of references to Linux/Unix system calls and
how the kernel and modules work. I am trying to avoid for the time being
spending hours and hours going over the types of programming books that
merely address algorithm A and algorithm B, C, D, super advanced sorts and
what not. I am interested in learning more about how Linux works through
learning C. I can save the in depth algorith analysis for later. I *DO*
have the O'Reilly Practical C programming book, and have been shown the
Linux Programmers Bible. Something along those lines. Any other
suggestions anyone can make? Thank you.

    - Jamie