On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 11:56:24AM -0500, Troy Schmidt wrote:
>Hello,
>
>A very quick question what Kernel version supports USB devices?

Anything after 2.2.16 should be fine. Check kernelnotes.org and then hunt
around for the linuxusb sourceforge page. I know there is one.

Be advised you'll prolly have to apply some backport patches unless you go
much newer (e.g. unstable) kernel. The way you posted that question makes me
think you aren't exactly a *nix guru, so I would suggest reading alot before
you dive in headlong. On the same note the 2.399 and up kernels all have usb
support and compile very cleanly. Whether they are unstable/stable is another
story. I have never had any problems though.
--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

"I thought Christmas only comes once a year..."
James Bond - The World Is Not Enough