>1) Most people have a limited amount of desk space - as such,
>a 25" CRT would be difficult to fit on.
	Insufficient dedication to the Cause! these are probably the
same strange people who have lives away from the computer screen...
wierdos.
;>

>2) Most research has noted that for regular computer users, there is
				     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>a big productivity increase when you go from 14/15" screens to 17",
>and another moderate size productivity increase when you go from
>17" to 19", but not so much from 19" to 21".
	I understand this; and figured that it was the main reason we
don't see really big displays... most people just don't know how to
take advantage of them.
	tragically; most people rarely run more than one application
at a time. for them, 17" is quite adequate.
	then you have people like us, who run >12 programs on at least
4 virtual desktops at >1280x1024 each, and think we're cramped. :)

I think the big breakthrough in workspace technology will be
position-sensing head-mounted displays. by turning your head; you can
have an environment as big in area as you like. even those will still
need 6000x2400 displays (or perhaps a pair of 4000x2400 displays,
interleaved stereoscopically at the center of vision?)

>If you want big, your best bet these
>days is to pick up a nice HDTV.  I've seen a really nice 16:9 HDTV (like
>36" I think) for $2k, that is also multisync, so you can hook it up to your
>computer.  It even had USB ports on the front of the TV.  I can't remember who
>it was made by, but I've seen them at Best Buy, and they do look real nice.
>(1080i, sadly).
	the thought did occur to me; but ~1920x1080 doesn't really
seem worth it right now. maybe when I build my dream house I can get 2
or three of them; then watch TV while mucking around on my computer,
sitting on a comfy chair in the living room. :)

thanks!
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	         Buffalo, MN
carls at agritech.com       (763) 682-1091