Well, I think there are a couple reasons why you don't see
many monitors beyond 21".

1) Most people have a limited amount of desk space - as such,
a 25" CRT would be difficult to fit on.

2) Most research has noted that for regular computer users, there is
a big productivity increase when you go from 14/15" screens to 17",
and another moderate size productivity increase when you go from
17" to 19", but not so much from 19" to 21".  Because of this, there is a
much smaller demand for 21" screens (by businesses), and so there
isn't much incentive to make them bigger.  Sharper, yes.  Clearer, yes.
Brighter, yes.  But not really "bigger".

If you want big, your best bet these
days is to pick up a nice HDTV.  I've seen a really nice 16:9 HDTV (like
36" I think) for $2k, that is also multisync, so you can hook it up to your
computer.  It even had USB ports on the front of the TV.  I can't remember who
it was made by, but I've seen them at Best Buy, and they do look real nice.
(1080i, sadly).

Nick

carls at agritech.com, on 06/29/2000 10:08:30 AM