On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 08:16:51AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

>In the end - I see the only people using Debian are the gear-heads who are
>apt fans.  Make way for Corel and Storm - the debian descendants.

What's a gear head? Umm, aren't Corel and Storm based on the current stable
dist? Last time I tried either of them, they were a debian core with a bunch
of garbage and a crappy install (by that I mean no control) And storms front
end for apt was clunky and unpredictable at best.

On the same note, everyone I know that runs debian, runs theunstable branch. I
run frozen on our production boxes here at sistina.

Debian isn't going anywhere man. It's the most popular dist among real linux
enthusiasts and power users, and truth be told has by far and away the best packaging system.

--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

"I thought Christmas only comes once a year..."
James Bond - The World Is Not Enough