I'm no expert, but to me it seems backwards: with an ODBC driver in
Windows, you can make the Postgres a datasource in Access (that's how I've
used ODBC with other server databases - no experience with Linux databases,
sorry).

One gotcha with ODBC: it processes a row-at-a-time.  This means if you are
throwing data up to the server, it processes a single row (and completes)
before getting the next row.  Depending on the amount of data, this can be
an incredibly slow process.  You may be better served following the other
suggestions, dumping flat files and uploading those to use the bulk insert
functions.

If you want this automated, there are some shareware scheduling tools for
Windows that might help out.  Also, if you need help in determining how to
do the Access processing, I can help with that (off-list, of course).  What
you are looking to do is similar to other things I've got going at work.

   - Dave

-------
Dave Kleist            | "Adventure is a sign of incompetence"
dkleist at acm.org    |                      - Vilhjalmur Stefansson