I am getting an error at boot time that concerns me. I am not
exactly sure what it means. Perhaps someone can straighten
this out for me.

Let me begin by saying I used PowerQuest Drive Image 3.0 to
make an image of one linux system and I restored it two a
different PC with a drive that was of the same capacity, but a
different brand (IBM Deskstar --> Maxtor DiamondMax). The
system had Windows on it previously, and when I booted, I just
saw 'LI' and the system hung. I booted with a linux floppy,
logged in, typed 'LILO' and rebooted. The system came up fine
except for the error below:

Activating swap partitions swapon: /dev/hda2 : Invalid Argument

The system appears to run fine however. Here is what my
partition table looks like:

Device        Boot   Start      End        Blocks         ID   System
/dev/hda1   *         1            372        2988058+    83   Linux
/dev/hda2             373        1010      5124735        5   Extended
/dev/hda3             1011      1027        136552+    82   Linux Swap
/dev/hda5             373        1010      5124703+    83   Linux

I used fdisk delete my swap partition, then I recreated it. That
didn't change anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Glaser