I upgraded my RH6.2 installation with GNOME 1.2.
>After the
>installation, I have discovered that GNOME did not
>honor the shortcuts
>that existed before the upgrade.  I can reproduce
>most of them,
>however,
>I cannot seem to be able to create my DialUp shortcut
>correctly?  Does
>anybody know what script the DialUp shortcut pointed
>to in pre-GNOME
>1.2?  I spent some time last night hunting around
>trying different
>things but had no joy.

I run Mandrake, and had similar problems after an
upgrade -- use the modemlights applet, and make sure
that it runs '/sbin/ifup ppp0' (or whatever your ppp
connection is called) to connect, and '/sbin/ifdown
ppp0' to disconnect.

G'luck!
Brian Dunnette

http://mail.yahoo.com/