On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 10:58:38AM -0500, ^chewie wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 04:18:06PM -0500, blutgens at sistina.com wrote:
> > Am running NIS, NFS. I have a .forward and .procmailrc in my home
> > dir which routes all my mail to my home dir. My workstations mounts
> > the homes accordingly. if I ssh to the home dir / mail server
> > everything works fine. But at my ws when trying to delete mail out
> > of my mailboxes with mutt I am told that my mailbox is read only.
>
> Wow.  That's fucked up.  I would have said that you were trying to get
> mail off the spool, which wouldn't have been shared via NIS, NFS.
> BUT, you're not doing that, so I'd check for some sort of locking
> mechanism that mutt may use.  (i.e. the existence of a "lock" file
> somewhere).

It probably is mutt's file locking.  Ben, what does "mutt -v"
return?  Mutt has various different file locking mechanisms,
so to start you need to know what options you have compiled
in.  i don't much about file locking in mutt, but finding
out which optiions you are using would be a start.

You might want to take a look at the mutt users lists
linked off of mutt.org.

--
Jim Crumley                 |
crumley at belka.space.umn.edu |