On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 04:18:06PM -0500, blutgens at sistina.com wrote:
> Am running NIS, NFS. I have a .forward and .procmailrc in my home
> dir which routes all my mail to my home dir. My workstations mounts
> the homes accordingly. if I ssh to the home dir / mail server
> everything works fine. But at my ws when trying to delete mail out
> of my mailboxes with mutt I am told that my mailbox is read only.

Wow.  That's fucked up.  I would have said that you were trying to get
mail off the spool, which wouldn't have been shared via NIS, NFS.
BUT, you're not doing that, so I'd check for some sort of locking
mechanism that mutt may use.  (i.e. the existence of a "lock" file
somewhere).

--
  Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>
              http://wookimus.net/chewie