> Everything I've been doing lately is Ogg, however, the oggenc encoder is
> pretty slow.  A 4 minute song takes about 4 mins to encode on a PII 450.  Of
> course, the last time I used LAME, it was about equally as slow.

Solution: I have dual pIII 800's.  I just run an instance of oggenc on each
CPU and can encode 2 4-minute songs in under 2 minutes :)  I'm currently
encoding all ~170 of my CDs and I'd love to be able to do it faster.  Are
there any other (better) ogg encoders?

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I watch bad movies in my own home because I'm insane.  I've been driven
 mad by them, and like heroin, I keep wanting more, even though it's
 collapsing my heart."
				- Mike Nelson, MST3k