On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 12:10:38PM -0600, Austad, Jay wrote:
> I use grip with oggenc, make sure your files get saved with a .ogg
> extension, not .mp3 if you use oggenc.   http://www.vorbis.com  There are
> plugins for winamp, sonique, xmms, and a couple of others.  WAY better sound
> quality than MP3, and it's GPL'd.

There's a distinction to be made here: oggenc is GPL'd, but the OggVorbis
format is Public Domain.

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I know what you want!  You coveteth my ice cream bar!!"
				     - Commander Hoek (Ren) in "Space Madness"