On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:42:45AM -0600, Kent Schumacher wrote:
> work with Linux all day doing 50% admin and 50% development.

How'd you manage to swing that?  I've lately been telling people (both
within my current company and hiring types from other companies) that I
want to do a mix of admin and development work and they generally look
at me like I've just sprouted antennae and tuned in a weather report.
They seem to think that there are admins and there are programmers and never
the twain shall meet.  (Then there was the guy who said, "Oh, you mean IS?
Sure, we've got lots of internal-use reports that need to be created."...)
I can't help suspecting that, if I could phrase it in language they can
understand, it would improve my chances of getting there.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r y+