Quoting Kelly Black (kelly_black at firstlinux.net):
> Jamie,
>
> Good luck on the junior level admin work...  Tough going currently.  I have
> been looking for a couple of months, and find that if you don't have AIX,
> Solaris, or some other flavour of Unix (i.e., not just Linux), it is tough
> going.  Even though Linux is gaining ground on the other UNIX flavours, it
> does not seem to be the only thing in a shop... (Of course appart from
> Real-Time :-)

To add to this, you should have additional skills OTHER then just admin. As a
linux shop, I can tell you that admins are just a cash-sink (no flames please).

Even the best admins do not make hard dollars for most companies. What do I mean
by this?

A programmer or consultant makes hard dollars. Stuff you bill clients. Admins,
support staff make soft dollars. They do things that are necessary to keep the
clients happy, but it's really hard to put a dollar value on it.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500